News Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products

Get Printables / Resources

Video Lesson

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Guess The Movie Cards

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Online Course Management System - FREE. Would you use it?

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Mitchell Lee Feb 12. 7 Replies

I'd like to know how many teachers would use a completely free course management system , if offered here? Meaning, you can create a course there,…Continue

Tags: atutor, technology, online, ecourses, elearning

SITE OF THE DAY - HUNDREDS OF THE "BEST" - Teaching Recipes

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Nadeem Nawaz Jul 16, 2019. 102 Replies

We are now in our 3rd edition of "Site of the Day"! Hundreds of the best sites for teaching/learning. See #1 and…Continue

Tags: collection, list, web 2.0, resources, websites

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by Amelia Meirizka Jun 20, 2019. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter.Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Learning Designs

Started by Elise in Teaching and Methodology Mar 27, 2019. 0 Replies

I was wondering what you all thought of learning designs pertaining to English language teaching? What are the ways in which you design your lessons to achieve better learning in your students?Continue

About

Larry Ferlazzo's Comments

Comment Wall (24 comments)

You need to be a member of EFL Classroom to add comments!

Join EFL Classroom

At 11:31am on April 2, 2010,
Supporter
mohanna mohammad
said…
do rely love poem or prose?
which is better these days. to follow your mind or heart?
do like Shakespeare or John Keats and why ?
At 5:15am on February 1, 2010, Ellen Pham said…
Hey Larry, have you seen this little slideshow, Can You Speak Hmong?
At 11:15am on December 25, 2009, Ellen Pham said…
Hi Larry,

I still can't comment on your blog (my computer won't show the anti-spam word!) but at least I can view it, so I won't complain.

Thought you might be interested in the live performance of the 3D projections onto buildings (the video you linked to is a simulation)

As always, I'm enjoying reading your Websites of the Day!

Ellen

Still amazing, but a little less realistic in real life : )
At 11:31pm on September 12, 2009, Ellen Pham said…
Hey Larry, I tried to leave this comment on your blog, but the anti-spam picture did not show! I had the foresight to copy my comment (about the family literacy project results) in case there was a problem (I am getting so savy :D) Here it is:

I love this part of your work, Larry. It was the first thing I remember learning about you, and it's what made me pay attention to the rest of your efforts. Such a smart, smart program you started there!

Hey, has your book come out yet? I just (yesterday) was able to access your site again- I guess enough people complained to our internet provider (Clear) about not being able to access any edublog sites to make them finally address it.

I'm still crossing my fingers... and congratulations on the wonderful results : ))))!!!
At 8:54pm on June 19, 2009, Ellen Pham said…
Good idea, Larry, but IE produced the same results. It is so strange... I will really start to worry if it starts happening with other sites... I have no idea what could cause it!
At 9:10am on April 3, 2009,
Supporter
Isabelle Jones
said…
Hi Larry

Thank you, I am honoured!

Isabelle
At 9:51am on January 12, 2009,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Hi Larry!

I have just posted about the Carnival. Here and at my edublogs public blog. I've been super busy and my extra time has been setting up an elearning Scribblar platform. Free for members. Something I've made a new year's resolution on. I really don't like all the profit models, sucking the blood out of teacher's / students. Especially when technology costs pennies.....the future should be on a non-payment model so all can have access online to English language. education and practice.

Hope all is well. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Cheers,

David
At 2:30am on October 9, 2008,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Larry,

Just a follow up (I know your busy!). The bot is now fully functional, much better. I'll be changing the content once I think it through and will then promote. I'll also make a pronunciation bot with the same selection type menu - the selections will focus on one phonetic element...

I also have to thank you -- took a lot of your comments about good lang. games and made a nice arcade for role playing games. Check them out under PLAY when you have the time, I know you'll be interested. Your walkthroughs are great and I;ll find a way to direct there...

Cheers,

David
At 12:16pm on October 6, 2008,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Hi Larry,

I'm asking a favor when you get a moment (I know you are busy!). I've made a little "bot" page. Where users instead of typing can enter a sentence/question. Still very much under development.

I'd love to get your feelings about this and how it might become more user friendly and better designed. I have my own thoughts but I'll await some objective data. Oh yeah, for the moment it only is working in Firefox.....thanks a million....hope all is well.

David
At 6:48pm on July 4, 2008, Ellen Pham said…
Larry, I just wandered into your EFL resources site from your blog and I am... be dazzled!! Sooo many resources, how do you do it?

I began my teaching career teaching Hmong teenagers circa 1978, in Portland Public Schools (the majority of Hmong moved to California a few years later...) I learned more about community from Hmong in one year... but that was a long time ago, I am sure things have changed. Anyway, hi, and thank you for ALL those wonderful resources! It will take me weeks at least just to go through them : )
At 12:30pm on March 30, 2008,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Larry,

I'll ask a couple of high school teachers here who I suspect might be up to the challenge. Also will post up on several other places I visit from time to time here and see if someone bites. Any really "specific" criteria other than web savvyness?

I'm busy trying to find us a file sharing solution. I have thousands of resources to share but really having trouble coming up with the really low tech solution that won't entail endless hours of work by myself.....I'm sure I'll come up with something!

David
At 11:02pm on March 16, 2008,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Hi Larry,

Been meaning to let you know we got a direct button to your blog - to help teachers find your helpful advice.

Also, have you been watching the Al Jazeera series on the Hmong? If you can't get Al Jazeera, try the new Microsoft Livestation. Free beta testing version -- though don't know about the limitations for the U.S. (bloody censorship). I think the url is www.livestation.org

cheers,

David
At 5:59am on March 13, 2008,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Larry,

Finally got time to reply! Got your email about kidzclub. I visited and it is back up. I've never used it much (given my penchant for audio with the reading text) but they do have lots of great printables for teachers....

I hope to contribute to the blog and blog more. Right now, lots of projects on the go and exploring some really amazing collaborations and ways to hopefully help language learning globally. Just got to find the right combination of glitz but still have pedagogy....if you know what I mean.

cheers,

David
At 1:24pm on February 27, 2008,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Larry,

I'll be contributing this time (to the carnival) -- full monty and batteries recharged. I really want to tackle and address a lot of the unanimated teaching that takes places in EFL and my post will be thus addressed. But also will be posting more in a reflective vein with a blog for my own leadership course.

I hope you noted that I'm going to convert all the thousands of produced karaokes; stories, songs, interviews, reports, news etc.... into flash video. First on youtube and then afterwards into a player/page here. Great self learning tool and maybe this way more teachers will walk across the bridge into making their own karaokes using karafun ???? I'm trying .

More later, always more (such is life)

David
At 2:35am on January 19, 2008,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Larry,

Just want to mention my "Not like the other" game. See it for download in the Canned lessons thread.

Mentioning it because I think it will interest you. Can be used for multiple levels and really fosters a lot of creative, higher level thinking....I'm mulling over how to make it into an interactive "game". I'll be sending a blog post shortly now that I'm finally on holiday! Heading back for some x-country skiing in Canada.

Cheers
David
At 1:32am on November 29, 2007,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Hi Larry,

I really didn't forget! I've just been swamped from all directions ....... I did write a super blog entry about "Know less to understand more" - quite philosophical and about the fact that facts are outdated.....

Anyways, I'd really like to submit something on Fling the Teacher. Do you know this marvellous teaching tool by Andrew Field? I think it is a great game/assessment tool.

Can I submit something either later today or tomorrow on that. Short but something very useful for teachers.

Good to see you on the edublog list.

Thanks,

David
At 7:20am on September 26, 2007,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Larry,

Finally getting around to blogging and submitting one for your carnival. I wanted to do something on multi media games - given my own background making them, but this will have to wait. I haven't had time to fully give a complete set of examples on my game exclusive blog. This will be forthcoming and should be an excellent rundown on not just types of games but what makes a game "educational".

So I did a blog on voicethread, an application I admire and really want to promote more for teachers.

http://eflclassroom.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=826870%3ABlogPost%3A8085

Hope all is well and thanks for the recent note in your blog. I'm really trying slowly and surely to create a great site for EFL teachers - especially for those coming and going in our so "gypsy" like profession.

Cheers,

David

PS,. Also glad you noticed Susan's excellent work. She is outstanding in both her support and knowledge of technology and education. She's helped here innumerable times....
At 4:52am on September 25, 2007,
Supporter
Susan
said…
Hi Larry yes it is my protopage. Glad you like it.
At 12:34pm on September 14, 2007,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Larry,

Thanks, I let members know about your carnival and rest assured I'll submit a bang up/on blog posting.

See the ppt below. I think you'd like this about games. I enjoyed your recent article though I found many of the examples too "non language oriented, even if interactive. Click doesn't always mean learn. But all were worth investigating for sure...

On our site of the day, I listed the 50 sites for digital storytelling. Wow!
http://cogdogroo.wikispaces.com/StoryTools?token=2c7b5d282af7ec8090987d28a1e2939b

Take a look. also this australian site of language game officionados... http://www.groups.edna.edu.au/

At 6:54pm on August 14, 2007,
Supporter
ddeubel
said…
Larry,

Just letting you know that I've finally got our EFL CLassroom buzka up and running. You can see how it works and looks and the categories I've decided upon at
http://eflclassroom.buzka.com/
I'm going to only keep sites on that list that I think are very very useful to a majority of teachers. Hope others will add to our buzka and I'll be sending out info. to members on how to do that.

Thanks for helping me sort out the categories. Still not probably right but I think these work for the moment. Though I will probably also add a 5 star category.

Cheers,

David

© 2020   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service