The Tefl Spin         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products           Gif Lingua Books

Earn A TEFL Certificate

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Music

Loading…

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

A NEW way to teach PHRASAL VERBS so that your students understand and remember them

Started by Andromeda Jones in Teaching and Methodology Dec 31, 2018. 0 Replies

Phrasal verbs are a verb + preposition, adverb or particle. Teaching…Continue

Tags: prepositions, teach, verbs, phrasal

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 17, 2018. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Stories to inspire and teach. Share yours.

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Jun 10, 2018. 79 Replies

I'd like to share in this forum and would like others to share, short stories that might apply to education / teaching and that will inspire. I believe stories and a narrative are powerful, whether…Continue

Tags: hodja, tao, zen, professional_development, storytelling

Favorite Movie about Teaching?

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Apr 23, 2018. 88 Replies

I'd like to compile a list of movies…Continue

Tags: best, video, film, teaching, movie

About

An amazing animation I had to share. So many ways to use this in the classroom. Can you share some ways you might use this?

Use with the PPT - 5 animations located HERE.

Views: 304

Favorite of 2 people

Supporter
Comment by csagel on March 19, 2010 at 2:25am
Scary, but it actually can fit around what our students are learning in the textbook this week.
Our second grade middle school book is discussing goals and hopes.
A video like this may engage students and help the students focus on the language pattern by stopping at certain spots and asking the students to fill in the blank: Alma hopes ____________.
And finally, "Did Alma achieve her goal?"

Supporter
Comment by Tommy Mc on March 19, 2010 at 5:41am
Obviously we could get the students to provide some kind of commentary. Good for teaching the dangers of tresspassing and the meaning of the expression "curiosity killed the cat".

Supporter
Comment by ddeubel on March 20, 2010 at 12:44am
Two great ideas! I like the hope/fear activity .......

I know it is a "little creepy" but I think that is something that students will be engaged by. Teens especially , like that "creepiness".

Even a simple retelling could be good for higher level students or A/B backdoor with one person looking at the screen and telling the other who can't see - what Alma is doing/what is happening.
Comment by Ellen Pham on March 20, 2010 at 2:16am
If you see a doll that looks just like you in a deserted toy store, DON"T GO IN! Didn't anyone read this kid fairy tales?? :D

I think this video would be great for 9-10 yr olds, too. I'm downloading it. It's like a remix of Hansel & Gretel and the movie "Chucky" :D And the Twilight Zone...
Comment by Ellen Pham on March 20, 2010 at 2:34am
I can't get it to download, David... I can't use ning hosted videos on my site (ning is blocked by school filters), but I used to be able to download by opening up the url of the video itself- ning has blocked this method now. I went to youtube, but it wouldn't download with keepvid either... real player also said unable to download with the youtube file, wouldn't even acknowledge the ning hosted file. Sigh sigh sigh. Can you attach the flv or mp4 file to a comment?
Comment by Ellen Pham on March 20, 2010 at 2:45am
It's ok.. I'm able to download the flv file with WM Recorder.... still sad about the state of file sharing, though...WM Recorder to work for lots of files
Comment by Ellen Pham on March 20, 2010 at 4:56am
Man, I am dropping whole phrases out of my sentences lately.. I meant WM Recorder doesn't work for many files!

Do you know how many times you have told me, Be patient? :D For someone who moves so slowly (me) and changes so little, it's kind of funny how hyped up I get!

You can upload all the videos in one big batch? Impressive.
Comment by Ellen Pham on April 1, 2010 at 4:49am
Brian, here's a copy

Alma.flv

Supporter
Comment by ddeubel on April 1, 2010 at 5:10am
Ellen,

thanks!

Brian, I've started uploading a larger and better quality mp4 to mediafire. Click the link above in a few minutes. Be warned, it is 88 mbs.

Supporter
Comment by Brian Cogswell on April 2, 2010 at 2:18am
Thank you both for the help! Love this site!

Add a Remark

Comments Welcome!   Sign in or register.

Join EFL Classroom

© 2019   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service