The Tefl Spin         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products           Gif Lingua Books

Earn A TEFL Certificate

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Music

Loading…

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

A NEW way to teach PHRASAL VERBS so that your students understand and remember them

Started by Andromeda Jones in Teaching and Methodology Dec 31, 2018. 0 Replies

Phrasal verbs are a verb + preposition, adverb or particle. Teaching…Continue

Tags: prepositions, teach, verbs, phrasal

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 17, 2018. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Stories to inspire and teach. Share yours.

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Jun 10, 2018. 79 Replies

I'd like to share in this forum and would like others to share, short stories that might apply to education / teaching and that will inspire. I believe stories and a narrative are powerful, whether…Continue

Tags: hodja, tao, zen, professional_development, storytelling

Favorite Movie about Teaching?

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Apr 23, 2018. 88 Replies

I'd like to compile a list of movies…Continue

Tags: best, video, film, teaching, movie

About

IF I had a Million Dollars

Classic teaching song for "IF". A good example of making materials that use pictures to compliment the language and facilitate acquisition. Let me know if I did a good job! Find this on our Karaoke Page Also use this lyric sheet!
Lyric Sheet. More materials HERE.

Views: 1600

Favorite of 6 people

Supporter
Comment by rokiah sulaiman on September 25, 2008 at 6:20am
Hi, David. I liked it. I sometimes use the videos that I find enchanting as a few-minute- intro while the children are settling down, if it doesn't have much to do with the topic of the lesson that day (but I still want to share it with them.) Thanks for the fun contributions!

Supporter
Comment by Michael Stout on September 27, 2008 at 4:16pm
Excellent. I'm gonna use it. I only wish you could have found stacks of Canadian dollars ;)

Supporter
Comment by ddeubel on September 28, 2008 at 3:09am
Never thought about the Cnd. dollars! Especially appropriate given the strength of the Cnd. dollar ( to my own misfortune!).

I'm going to redo the conversion - something wrong at the beginning. But I had been wanting to do this one for awhile. There are several on youtube but the pictures aren't too great......I guess that's my style - if I see something and think I can do it better....I gotta do it!

Supporter
Comment by Michael Stout on October 1, 2008 at 2:37pm
Hi David,
Used this today. I'll send you the task sheet I made. Nothing special but you might find something of value in it. Most of the time was spent on a cloze task I made. The pictures and the subtitles you provided made it much easier for the students to do. When we were taking up the answers I helped them understand some of the humour. For example I told them that I ate a lot of Kraft Dinner when I was a university student because it was cheap, and I wasn't unusual. Furthermore, I loved KD and I still do. The joke is that KD is poor peoples' food (in Canada, at least) but people love it nonetheless and so if one were to become rich they wouldn't give it up. They'd eat more. They seemed to enjoy this story and some could relate even though most still live at home with their parents and they want for nothing.
At the end of the lesson I asked the students to post a comment about the song on my blog. You can see what they said here:
Thanks again!!

Supporter
Comment by ddeubel on October 1, 2008 at 10:44pm
Thanks for replying Michael! Great to know it was used successfully and it is a standard in my own song kit.

Also gave me a good chance to visit your blog. You are doing some great stuff there! Wow! A great example for others of how to use technology and learning and give students really rich and varied content. Also great that they can form a community and access the content you teach online - at their leisure.

Cheers, got to work...if ONLY I had a million dollars

David

PS. I hope you don't mind the attention but you've been labeled "member of the month" in our next newsletter I'm sending out now. Well deserved.

Supporter
Comment by AnthonyTeacher on October 17, 2008 at 5:27am
Is it possible to share Michael Stout's worksheet? Is that cool Michael? I always liked to get inspired by other people's work.

This song is great, and I will be using it soon.

Supporter
Comment by Michael Stout on October 17, 2008 at 7:59pm
Hi Acorn Revolution.
Thanks for your interest. I just made a fill-in from the lyric sheet. I have it saved in a folder on the university's
server. I'll be there today or tomorrow. I'll post the worksheet asap.

Hi David,
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I was honoured to be member of the month. Thank you.

Supporter
Comment by marta on November 30, 2008 at 7:38pm
I like the song very much.Thanks a lot. I'll be using it to introduce conditionals. Great Job!!!!
Comment by Ellen Pham on February 6, 2009 at 5:26pm
I love it! I haven't heard this song in a long time : ). The pics are great.

Supporter
Comment by jasmine on June 7, 2009 at 4:02am
Wow, it's wonderful. I like how u made it. U might spend a lot of time to find those pictures. They are really nice ^_^
Thank u for leaving me a comment.

Add a Remark

Comments Welcome!   Sign in or register.

Join EFL Classroom

© 2019   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service